Saturday, October 17, 2009

H1N1 Hits Saskatchewan Hockey: Update


The Saskatchewan AAA Hockey league has put an advisory regarding the Notre Dame Hounds. It can be read by heading to their website here.

Both the AAA midget Hounds and AA midget Argos have had games cancelled for today, Sunday and Wednesday, and several sources have told me it's because of H1N1 virus concerns. A health advisory has been issued to try and keep students and players from Athol Murray college on campus and keep others off of it. Noone has yet said that anyone on campus does have H1N1, but the possibility exists, or else they wouldn't have issued a warning and cancelled games.

I'm sure news networks will be jumping on this story, especially Global Television, later today.

Update: My sources are telling me there is more than one case of H1N1 virus, maybe up to 4 or 5 and others that have flu symptoms. As someone put it to me "you don't cancel that many games because of the sniffles."

No comments: