Saturday, February 23, 2008

First Time For Everything

I'm sitting in a room at the America's Best Value Inn, in Grand Forks, North Dakota, about 55 minutes away from my first NCAA hockey game...and I'm pretty excited. I almost feel like I did before my first Oilers playoff game 5 years ago this spring. UND is taking on Bemidji state this weekend, which while lopsided in the Fighting Sioux's favor, is supposed to be a great one. Last night me and my buddies went out to a few local watering holes, and it was pretty much what everyone was talking about. It is also the State High school hockey championship this weekend with games going at "The Ralph" so hockey is priority number one in this place, which is only about 50,000 people big.

Time to get to the tail gate party, I think we're going to have a street hockey game in the parking lot before the game...

No comments: