Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oshawa Officially Gets TPG

The CHL got around to making it official today that the 2009 Top Prospects Game will indeed be held in Oshawa Ontario on January 14th.

Confirming what we told you in September, the annual showcase event takes place a couple of weeks earlier than it did last year in Edmonton.

In fact, the 14th comes right after the January 10th trade deadline so it could actually feature some players who were recently dealt and many not have even dressed for their new teams yet.

Last year I had the opportunity to be on the FAN 590's webcast broadcast crew doing the colour commentary and really enjoyed myself. I'm not expecting to be in Oshawa this January but I know where I'll be able to hear the game online.

I notice that the CHL's website has yet to be updated with today's press release... go figure.

No comments: