Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Falcons Pick Captain

OK so clearly head coach Jeff Truitt has it in for me. Despite my blatant suggestion that Tyler Spurgeon would make for a perfect captain in Springfield this year the AHL club announced today that the 'C' will be worn by Tim Sestito.

I made the not-so-subliminal suggestion last night during Truitt's appearance on the show.

Not that there's anything wrong with that because Sestito, like Spurgeon, is a heart and soul grinding player that says what he means and means what he says. Throw all the cliches out there, Sestito is a good choice.

He's justs not the one I expected.

See I thought, as a rookie head coach in the league, that Truitt might lean towards Spurgeon who was captain of the Kelowna Rockets back when Truitt was the bench boss there. To me that fit was perfect.

Anyway, Sestito will do a fine job I'm sure.

Getting the 'A's as alternates are Jake Taylor and Ryan Potulny. So again... I think Truitt has it out for me!

No comments: