Sunday, October 17, 2010

2011 Draft Blog: Seth Ambroz

~
It's become tradition. Every year we get a handful of NHL draft eligible players to do some guest blogging for us. The list of past players who have taken part include Jordan Eberle (EDM), John Moore (CLB), Ethan Werek (NYR), Mike Lee (PHX), Joe Colborne (BOS), Dylan Olsen (CHI), Mark Pysyk (BUF) and Brett Connolly (TBY).

We have already recruited a few players for this year and the first to send us his first installment is power forward Seth Ambroz. The 6'3, 210 lb native of New Prague Minnesota has been a standout for the Omaha Lancers in the USHL for the past couple of years and is hoping to build on that for his NHL draft year.

Here now, in his own words, is the first installment of the 2011 Guest Blog by Seth Ambroz...


Hi, My name is Seth Ambroz and I am from New Prague, Minnesota and I play for the Omaha Lancers of the USHL.

I've been skating since I was 2 and I started playing hockey at age 3. When I was in 8th grade I was able to make the varsity hockey team and then I played my freshman year as well. When I was a sophomore I was lucky enough to play my first season with the Omaha Lancers.

I am now into my third season with the Lancers which has been a ton of fun so far. Right now we are 4 games into the regular season and we are 3-1. I feel we have a great group of guys and everyone is getting along well.

I was honored to be selected by the team to be an assistant captain and I will try to help lead the boys this year. It is very early in the year and we have many players still trying to learn the league and so far I am proud of the way we have started. I am very excited to see how the team grows and were we go from here.

We have a lot of skill and talent and I feel we are getting better every day. It is only the start though and we have along ways to go.

This is all I have for now but I will have more next time. I am excited to have a blog to keep everyone posted on the team, and on myself, throughout the year. Thanks to the the guys at The Pipeline Show for having me.

(Photos: USHL Images)

Seth Ambroz currently has 2 points in 4 games with Omaha in the USHL. The 6'3, 210 lbs forward is widely considered a top-10 prospect for the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. TSN's Bob McKenzie ranked Ambroz 10th, Ryan Kennedy from The Hockey News had him slotted 5th, Future Considerations listed him in the 7th spot. His NCAA commitment is to the Minnesota Golden Gophers and he is expected to join the program in the Fall of 2011.

No comments: