Monday, October 21, 2013

2014 Draft Blog: Jordan Papirny Pt.2

-
Last month we were introduced to Brandon Wheat Kings goaltender Jordan Papirny. He introduced himself to us with the first chapter of his 2014 Draft Blog which he's agreed to share with us and our audience over the course of this season. 

If you missed Part I you can find it HERE. And now here is a quick follow up from Jordan Papirny.

Hello,

So far these first few months of the season have been very busy! Lots of practicing, early mornings, and bus trips. 


Coming up this Wednesday we head out to Spokane to kick off our U.S. road trip. As a team we are growing and getting better day by day, and I really think we're going to be a strong team. 

As for me, I've played 3 games so far and every time I'm in, I try and make the most of my opportunity. Some of the more challenging areas I've faced so far is consistency, whether its in practice or even in the games I've played. I think that at this level, that it is one of the most important things to manage but at the same time, one of the hardest. 

I also think that another important aspect is just taking care of myself, whether its stretching properly, eating the right foods, and taking advantage of my rest. In a 72 game season I really think that little things like that can be the difference in consistency. 

Working with our goalie coach Brent Zelenewich, we have really started to focus on being more efficient in the net. Especially at this level it is very important to move as little as you can while still being able to save the puck; trying to eliminate unnecessary movements.
 

Thanks for reading
 

Jordan

Jordan Papirny is listed at WHL.ca as being 6'0 and 170 lbs. The Edmonton native was drafted in the 1st round (22nd overall) by Brandon in the 2011 WHL Bantam Draft. He was named the 2013-12 AMHL Playoff MVP after posting a 1.61 GAA and .946 sv% for Edmonton's South Side Athletic Club. So far this season he has compiled a 1-2- record with a 3.68 GAA and .874 sv%.

No comments: