Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Team Canada

Hockey Canada will cut down from 35 to 22 by early Wednesday morning meaning the hearts of 13 more kids will be broken. However one of them might have a glimmer of hope. Jonathan Huberdeau will be named to the team, but if he can't play at some point due to his broken foot Don Hay and his staff will have to bring in a replacement for the Saint John Sea Dog. It would be a tremendous blow to the team as the Florida Panther prospect - 3rd overall last June - was scoring at at rate of more then 2 points per game. But it's not like the team will be replacing him with a 4th liner should they have to. Evander Kane was called back after Dana Tyrell was injured during a pre tournament game in 2009 and Kane had 6 points in 6 games.

As for who will be joining Huberdeau on the final roster, here's my stab at it.


I might not have picked this final team, but I think Kevin Prendergast and Don Hay might.

Jaden Schwartz - Mark Scheifele - Brett Connolly
Jonathan Huberedau - Ryan Strome - Devante Smith-Pelly
Quinton Howden - Boone Jenner - Mark Stone
Freddie Hamilton - Phillip Danault - Brenden Gallagher
Brett Bulmer

Ryan Murray - Dougie Hamilton
Mark Pysyk - Brandon Gormley
Jamie Oleksiak - Nathan Beaulieu
Ryan Murphy

Scott Wedgewood
Mark Visentin

And If I were Ty Rattie and Phillip Di Giuseppe I wouldn't be straying from my phone just in case Huberdeau and/or Howden can't play.

We'll find out in the morning, but let me know what you think?

No comments: