Sunday, June 19, 2011

Head To Head: Biggs Vs. Saad

~
The NHL draft is fast approaching and we’ve put together some head to head match ups featuring 20 different prospects. We’ve consulted 10 scouts from 10 different organizations to get their opinions in 5 different categories and ultimately, who they would take if they had the final say.

Enjoy these and tune into The Pipeline Show on Saturday June 25th from 10-Noon MST for a complete, in-depth recap of round one and coverage of day 2.

For now here’s H2H: Tyler Biggs vs. Brandon Saad


Tale of the Tape:

Biggs (RW)............Saad (LW)
US-NTDP (USHL)........Saginaw (OHL)
Height: 6'2...........Height: 6'1.25
Weight: 210 lbs.......Weight: 208 lbs.
17-11-28 (0.58/PPG)...27-28-55 (0.93/PPG)
CS Rank: 22nd.........CS Rank: 19th

Skating: 5-4-1 Biggs
Offence: 9-1 Saad
Defence: 6-3-1 Biggs
Toughness: 10-0 Biggs
Overall: 7-3 Biggs

Who Would You Take?

Biggs - "He has the drive and toughness...intangibles that make him the better player. He'll compliment skill guys by getting hard on the forecheck."

Saad - "He has more hockey sense. Biggs has a short fuse and that might hurt his team."

Biggs - "He plays with a lot of enthusiasm and fire. Saad is too inconsistent for my liking."

Biggs - "I take Biggs but that’s very tight. I’m sure we have them ranked pretty much side by side. They are very similar players but Biggs throws his body around more and is meaner. He has no hands and I don’t think he ever will but he’ll wear a letter at some point. He’s a team player and just a bull. They are both safe, NHL players though. Saad would be the better prospect for me if he played a little more like Biggs."

Biggs - "I have concerns over Saad's character. Biggs is really strong, has a good shot and works hard."

Biggs - "I like Biggs for his toughness and because, how do I put this... the way he was raised, he's got a strong background. You could describe that as his "bloodlines"."

Biggs - "I would probably take the more reliable guy and go with Biggs."

Biggs - "Biggs is a pretty good player but Saad is too. I would probably take Biggs based on the interviews and the tapes I watched on him; I had a better feeling on the guy."

Saad - "I liked them both more at the start of the year than I do now... But i think I’d still take Saad based on upside and potential. I don’t think he was used as well as he could have been. My fear with Biggs is that he got very strong very quick and had a lot of success because of that. Biggs is as tough as they come, he’s a steam roller."

Biggs - "He's just more consistent."

No comments: