Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!


The title of this blog is a quote from Admiral David G. Farragut - American Navy's first four-star Admiral.

The reason I bring it up is because the Norfolk Admirals could make hockey history next year.

A source has told me that the AHL club is trying to plan an outdoor game on the DECK of the USS Eisenhower, that just returned to Norfolk after a 6 week deployment in the Arabian Sea. The ship can accommodate up to 5000 fans.

No date has been set, but I'm hearing the game will take place after the upcoming New Year.

For obvious reasons if this happens, in my opinion, this would be the coolest outdoor game so far, and maybe for years to come.

1 comment:

Guy Flaming said...

I've heard some crazy ideas before but that's what I call getting CARRIED away.

ZING?