Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Inside The Draft

The Pipeline Show was extremely pleased to have Oilers first round pick Jordan Eberle and Bruins first round pick Joe Colborne blogging for us leading up to and during the NHL draft. Below is Eberle's post-draft entry... enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the draft is finally over and I couldn’t be happier to where I went. The number 22 pick to the Oilers was the pick that I was hoping to go to and I was lucky enough to get chosen there. After hugging all your family members and heading up to the podium it doesn’t really hit you until the next day that you just got drafted. But the podium pictures didn’t last and I was rushed to meet the whole Edmonton Oiler staff, interviews with various networks and autograph signings. After all that was said and done my family and I were put into a limo to be driven to the Oiler’s suit at their hotel. Once we got there we met people like Dave Semenko, Glen Anderson, Kevin Lowe and the Oiler scouting staff. It was amazing but the draft had gone so late that it was 1 o’clock already and I was already heading home to bed.

The next day I headed back to the draft to watch some of my buddies go but spent the majority of the day touring around to see the parliaments, and most of the city. Overall it was an amazing experience and one I’ll never forget. It’s also finally nice to have the draft over with and now the real work begins.

No comments: