Sunday, November 2, 2008

WJAC Kicks off Today

The 2008 World Junior A Challenge gets going to day in Camrose with the opening tilt between Belarus and the host squad, Canada West.

I recently wrote a preview of the event for Hockey's Future which you can read here.

Dean and I will both be in Camrose this week to take in as many games as we can. I will be writing up some player features for HF including the first one on Camrose Kodiak blueliner Dylan Olsen with quotes taken from my interview with him on The Pipeline Show back on October 14th.

You can read that feature here and hear the TPS interview here.

There are two websites to check out for coverage of the 2008 WJAC beginning with Hockey Canada's page (here) but the Camrose organizing committee also has one which is pretty sharp. (here)

See you in Camrose!

3 comments:

MotherPucker.ca said...

Hey Guys,
I plan on heading out there myself. Are you going to be there on Monday? And since I have no idea what you look like, are you going to be wearing any kind of identifying clothes like site hats, shirts, jackets?

Guy Flaming said...

"My shirt will be the one that says 'Bad Mother F*cker' on it"... just reminded me of that from Pulp Fiction.

My plan is to be out there often, the late games are likely more feasible for me than the 4 PM ones.

I cannot speak to Dean's schedule with Global TV.

There are pictures of both of us on the site plus Millard's on TV... you should know what he looks like!

Dean Millard said...

we should also be wearing a jacket that says The Pipeline Show, also our pictures are attached to our replies at right.

I will be at both games for sure on Tuesday.